Netscape Mail Version 6.2|
SMTP Authentication Client Configuration Instructions
1. Start the Netscape Browser. Click on the "Tasks" menu item at the top of the screen.
2. Select "Mail & Newsgroups" from the pull-down menu, or press "Ctrl + F2."
3. This action launches the mail application portion of Netscape. Click on "Edit" at the top of the screen.
4. Select "Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings" from the pull-down menu.
5. Click on "Outgoing Server (SMTP)," which is located on the left side of the screen.
6. Place a check mark in the box next to "User Name and password." Enter the User Name (your complete E-mail address). Click the "OK" button.
7. When connecting to the mail server, you will be prompted for your password. You may enter it manually each time, or allow Netscape to "remember" or save the password. If you do not save the password, you will be prompted to enter your password each time you connect to the mail server. You have completed the SMTP Authentication setup for Netscape!
Note to Netscape Mail Users
Please note that when using Netscape Mail, the POP (or inbound) mail account setting will not accept the @ symbol, and must be modified to / (john/mydomain.com). The SMTP (or outbound) mail account setting will however, accept the @ symbol, and should be entered as your normal e-mail address (email@example.com).
Download the SMTP Authentication Client Configuration User Guide PDF
(both Outlook Express and Netscape users)
(Requires Acrobat Reader)