SMTP Authentication Client Configuration Instructions
1. Start Outlook Express. Click on the "Tools" menu option.
2. Choose "Accounts" from the pull-down menu.
3. From the listing of accounts, single click on the default mail account, which should be your commercial mail account. Next, click on the "Properties" button.
4. Select the "Servers" tab.
5. On this screen, place a check mark in the box next to "My server requires authentication," then click on the "Settings" button to the right.
6. Select "Use same settings as my incoming mail server." Click the "OK" button at the bottom. Close all windows. You have completed the SMTP Authentication setup for Outlook Express!
Note to Norton Antivirus and Outlook Users
If you are unable to send mail and are using an Outlook program and Norton Antivirus software, please try the following fix.
When you have selected the "Servers" tab, and placed a check mark in the box next to "My server requires authentication," click the "Settings" button. Click the radio button next to "log on using" then enter your full e-mail address and your passwords in the fields below. Next, place a check mark in the box next to "Remember password" and click the "OK" button.
Download the SMTP Authentication Client Configuration User Guide PDF
(both Outlook Express and Netscape users)
(Requires Acrobat Reader)